Full Stack Software Engineer
Ex Machina delivers environmental monitoring IoT solutions to weather-sensitive industries. Our solutions are powered by machine learning for predictive analytics and custom sensor node hardware for weather/air/water/noise/soil sensing. We are extending our core system to utilize distributed ledger technologies (Web3) with the support and investment of SOSV/HAX/DLAB, Consensys/Tachyon, Protocol Labs, Filecoin.
We are currently building WeatherXM.com a community powered weather station network, that rewards weather station owners and provides accurate weather services to Web3 enterprises, with end goal to enable the integration of weather stations to parametric weather crop insurance smart contracts. Find out more in this short pitch video and check out some open-source components of our system to get an idea what we are building.
We are looking for an experienced Full Stack jack-of-all-trades Software Engineer to join our dedicated cross-functional team, which is revolutionizing the Internet of Things. You should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility. You will be a key participant at this stage of our startup, gain experience in lean startup approaches in a constantly changing and growing environment, and be responsible for making some really cool stuff happen.
- Take part in the design and development of our existing web apps and APIs
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Prototype new features and entirely innovative solutions using cutting edge technologies
- Troubleshoot, debug and improve existing software – you know, the usual fun!
- Write technical documentation – don’t worry, we’ll keep this at a minimum
- Proven experience as a Full Stack developer or similar role
- Good knowledge of at least one language: Java, Python, JS and at least one framework Spring, Node.js
- Familiarity with SQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis) databases
- Some dev ops experience, i.e. docker, linux and familiarity with web servers (e.g. Nginx, Apache)
- Familiarity with UI/UX design and attention to detail for customer facing interfaces
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Organizational skills, analytical mind, ability to take ownership of a task and deliver on it – all these in the right balance 🙂
You get bonus points, if you have:
- Degree in Computer Science, or relevant field
- Knowledge of software development life cycle processes & tools (agile, git, jenkins)
- Knowledge of Data Science & ML Python frameworks (SciPy, TensorFlow)
- Familiarity with Distributed Ledger Technologies (Blockchain, Ethereum, IOTA)
- Experience with software stacks (MEAN, LAMP/LEMP)
- Strong sense of humour, because we are all fun to be around and want to keep it this way 😉
At Ex Machina we are investing in people that will contribute to the growth of the company. We are offering:
- Be part and contribute to the future of a fast scaling startup company
- Competitive salary
- Stock option incentive plan
- Remote working & flexible hours is a standard, not an exception
- Great office environment & culture
- Free weather data mining station and the finest specialty coffee!