Embedded Developer / Firmware Engineer
Ex Machina delivers environmental monitoring IoT solutions to weather-sensitive industries. Our solutions are powered by machine learning for predictive analytics and custom sensor node hardware for weather/air/water/noise/soil sensing. We are extending our core system to utilize distributed ledger technologies (Web3) with the support and investment of SOSV/HAX/DLAB, Consensys/Tachyon, Protocol Labs, Filecoin.
We are currently building WeatherXM.com a community powered weather station network, that rewards weather station owners and provides accurate weather services to Web3 enterprises, with end goal to enable the integration of weather stations to parametric weather crop insurance smart contracts. Find out more in this short pitch video and check out some open-source components of our system to get an idea what we are building.
We are looking for an experienced Embedded Developer to join our dedicated cross-functional team, which is revolutionizing the Internet of Things.
You should be comfortable developing for various hardware platforms, integrating and testing new hardware, as well as know your way around development and troubleshooting tools. You will be a key participant at this stage of our startup, gain experience in lean startup approaches in a constantly changing and growing environment, and be responsible for making some really cool stuff happen.
- Take part in the development, debugging and improvement of the existing firmware codebase that is powering our devices.
- Developing drivers for new ICs/modules to support changes in our hardware
- Integrating new hardware into our existing hardware designs
- Prototype new features and entirely innovative solutions using cutting edge technologies
- Write technical documentation – don’t worry, we’ll keep this at a minimum
- Proven experience in C and C++ for low power embedded systems
- Familiarity with low-level hardware concepts (communication protocols, peripherals, interrupts, drivers)
- Experience with software and hardware tools (IDEs, debuggers etc.)
- Familiarity with technologies powering the Internet of Things (LoRa, LoRaWAN, NBIoT, MQTT etc.)
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Organizational skills, analytical mind, ability to take ownership of a task and deliver on it – all these in the right balance
You get bonus points, if you have:
- Experience with ESP32 and FreeRTOS / AWS
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or relevant field
- Knowledge of software development life cycle processes & tools (agile, git, jenkins)
- Strong sense of humour, because we are all fun to be around and want to keep it this way
At Ex Machina we are investing in people that will contribute to the growth of the company. We are offering:
- Be part and contribute to the future of a fast scaling startup company
- Competitive salary
- Stock option incentive plan
- Remote working & flexible hours is a standard, not an exception
- Great office environment & culture
- Free weather data mining station and the finest specialty coffee!