Blockchain Software Engineer
Ex Machina (EXM) delivers environmental monitoring IoT solutions to weather-sensitive industries. EXM’s solutions are powered by machine learning for predictive analytics and custom sensor node hardware for weather/air/water/noise/soil sensing. We are in the process of extending our core system to utilize distributed ledger technologies (DLT), e.g. support parametric weather insurance smart contracts.
We are looking for an experienced DLT Software Engineer to join our dedicated cross-functional team. You should be comfortable in back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries especially around blockchain technologies.
We expect you to be a team player and have a desire to participate in a startup which is constantly changing and growing, and be responsible for making some really cool stuff happen.
- Take part in the design and development of our existing web apps and APIs
- Prototype new features and entirely innovative solutions using cutting edge technologies
- Ensure DLT aspect of our production system is working correctly
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade – you know, the usual fun!
- Write technical documentation – don’t worry, we’ll keep this at a minimum
- Proven experience as a DLT Software Engineer or similar role
- Knowledge of at least one of ERC20 SOLIDITY, CHAINLINK, IPFS, or ability to develop around these in technologies without major learning curve delays
- Knowledge of multiple back-end languages and frameworks (e.g. Spring, Node.js)
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to take ownership of a task and deliver on it
Also, useful to have:
- Familiarity with IOTA, OCEAN
- Degree in Computer Science, or relevant field
- Knowledge of software development life cycle processes & tools (Agile, Git, Jenkins, Trello/JIRA)
- Strong sense of humour, because we are all fun to be around and want to keep it this way.
At EXM we are investing in people that will contribute to the growth of the company. We are offering:
- Competitive salary
- Stock option incentive plan
- Remote working & flexible hours is a standard, not an exception
- Great office environment & culture
- The finest speciality coffee