We are an Internet of Things startup (EXM.gr) working on exciting projects that involve our own IoT hardware and cloud platform, delivering predictive analytics solutions to large weather-sensitive enterprises.
Our latest endeavour is WeatherXM.com, a community powered global weather station network, that rewards station owners and provides accurate weather services to Web3 enterprises.
We are looking for a Backend Developer to join our dedicated cross-functional team, which is revolutionizing the Internet of Things. You will be a key participant at this stage of our startup, gain experience in lean startup approaches in a constantly changing and growing environment, and be responsible for making some really cool stuff happen.
- Take part in the design and development of our existing web apps and APIs
- Design server-side architecture
- Prototype new features and entirely innovative solutions using cutting edge technologies
- Troubleshoot, debug and improve existing software – you know, the usual fun!
- At least one year experience as a Backend Developer
- Good knowledge of at least one language: Java, Python, JS and at least one framework Spring, Node.js
- Experience with software stacks (MEAN, LAMP/LEMP)
- Familiarity with SQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL (MongoDB, Redis) databases
- Some dev ops experience, i.e. docker, linux and familiarity with web servers (e.g. Nginx, Apache)
- Organizational skills, analytical mind, ability to take ownership of a task and deliver on it – all these in the right balance 🙂
- Strong sense of humour, because we are all fun to be around and want to keep it this way 😉
You get bonus points, if you have:
- Degree in Computer Science, or relevant field
- Knowledge of software development life cycle processes & tools (agile, git, jenkins)
- Knowledge of Data Science & ML Python frameworks (SciPy, TensorFlow)
- Familiarity with Distributed Ledger Technologies (Blockchain, Ethereum, IOTA)
At Ex Machina we are investing in people that will contribute to the growth of the company. We are offering:
- Competitive salary
- Stock option incentive plan – depending on skills / seniority
- Remote working & flexible hours is a standard, not an exception
- Training & Development – you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects, technologies and never be bored!
- Speciality coffee